Join the Team
Software Engineer – Data Path – Memory – Enterprise Software
Software Engineer – Data Path / Memory
Location: Milpitas, CA
MemVerge is seeking software developers who desire to become specialized in distributed systems, memory management, or operating systems. This is an opportunity to join our award-winning engineering team building a disruptive data infrastructure based on persistent memory technology.
This role focuses on developing the core of our Big Memory platform, which provides both persistence and memory-speed access to the in-memory data.
You will have the opportunity to work with an award-winning team and have great mentorship.
We welcome self-driven individuals, who excel under limited direction, to join our award-winning team and company.
A Few of Your Key Responsibilities:
- Help design and develop core data path components for a memory-centric platform
- Implement algorithms to enable and accelerate memory tiering and in-memory data services
- Develop and perform related unit, functional, and integration tests
- Debug and resolve performance and reliability issues
- Effectively communicate design and results to development teams
- Collaborate with the customer-facing team to support customer requirements
- Collaborate with the solution engineering team to create novel solutions and architectures
The Top Skills You Will Need to Succeed:
- 1+ year of software development experience, preferably in one or more of the following areas: memory management systems, storage systems, distributed systems, low latency networking, Linux kernel, and/or other operating system kernels
- Solid understanding of core data path components
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals and programming skills, especially with C and C++
- Solid experience using Linux as a primary development environment
- Experience using version-control systems such as git
The Top Desired Skills That Will be Most Helpful:
- Knowledge of memory tiering and in-memory data services
- Experience using debugging tools and performance tuning tools such as gdb and perf
- Thrive in a fast-paced development environment and previous start-up experience
- Desire to design and implement novel and high-quality solutions to address new performance and reliability challenges of managing large amounts of persistent memory
- Strong analytical abilities, a willingness to learn, a commitment to quality and integrity
- BS/MS degrees in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or other related areas
Cutting Edge Technology – Changing the State of Computing:
Founded by the creators of VMWare VSAN and Extreme I/O, and strategically backed by Intel, Cisco, NetApps, and SK Hynix, MemVerge, the inventor of Memory Machine™ Software is delivering Big Memory and the Memory-Centric Infrastructure (MCI) of the future, today.
MemVerge Memory Machine™ Software is delivering real solutions for Big Memory Data Services such as instant checkpointing, snapshot, memory replication, and tiering that for the first time enables lightning-fast recovery from in-memory application crashes.
Pioneering the Big Memory revolution, MemVerge is a small startup with a big vision of petabyte-pools of disaggregated memory available to every application across the multi-cloud and is shaping the future of computing where everything runs at speed of memory.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley California, MemVerge also has R&D Centers in both Shanghai and Beijing.
Learn more about our OPEN culture at: www.MemVerge.com
Join MemVerge today and help us shape the future of Big Memory computing.
MemVerge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please note that employment at MemVerge is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.