Join the Team
Senior Technical Writer – Linux Admin and Developer User Guides
Senior Technical Writer
Location: Milpitas, CA
MemVerge is searching for an expert, passionate, Senior Technical Writer to join our world-class product team. Reporting to the VP of Products, you will own the responsibility for developing technical documents for our category-defining product line, Memory Machine. Your documentation will enable system administrators and external developers to configure, operate, and optimize Big Memory software in their application environment.
Developed by our award-winning engineering team, Memory Machine Software is a game-changing disruptive data infrastructure based on persistent memory technology.
We welcome self-driven individuals, who excel under limited direction, to join our award-winning team and company.
A Few of Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and revise technical documentation for an audience of system administrators, external developers, and end-users working with sophisticated enterprise hardware and software
- Work directly with engineers, code, and other primary sources to understand and document complex technical topics
- Provide editorial support to engineering to ensure all UI elements use high quality text
- Support Product Marketing with technical white papers and solutions briefs
- Standardize content across platforms and media
The Top Skills You Will Need to Succeed:
- 5+ Years of work experience as Technical Writer for complex system software
- Extensive experience using oXygen (or Xmetal) and DITA
- Proven ability to learn and understand complex technical topics quickly
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
The Top Desired Skills That Will be Most Helpful:
- Previous software development experience
- Experience setting up online documentation infrastructure
- GIThub and/or other CMS environments
- Experience with Agile development process
- BS/MS degrees in a relevant technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or other related areas preferred
Cutting Edge Technology – Changing the State of Computing:
Founded by the creators of VMWare VSAN and Extreme I/O, and strategically backed by Intel, Cisco, NetApps, and SK Hynix, MemVerge, the inventor of Memory Machine™ Software is delivering Big Memory and the Memory-Centric Infrastructure (MCI) of the future, today.
MemVerge Memory Machine™ Software is delivering real solutions for Big Memory Data Services such as instant checkpointing, snapshot, memory replication, and tiering that for the first time enables lightning-fast recovery from in-memory application crashes.
Pioneering the Big Memory revolution, MemVerge is a small startup with a big vision of petabyte-pools of disaggregated memory available to every application across the multi-cloud and is shaping the future of computing where everything runs at speed of memory.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley California, MemVerge also has R&D Centers in both Shanghai and Beijing.
Learn more at: www.MemVerge.com
Join MemVerge today and help us shape the future of Big Memory computing.
MemVerge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please note that employment at MemVerge is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.