Join the Team
Senior Performance Engineer
Senior Performance Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
MemVerge is searching for a Senior Performance Engineer to define performance standards and benchmarks, characterize performance, and to optimize performance for our Memory Machine software. This will include proactive performance monitoring and improving automation around performance testing.
This is an opportunity to shape the direction of performance activities at Memverge, leading performance analysis on the latest processors, networking, storage, HCI, and cloud technologies.
We welcome self-driven individuals, who excel under limited direction, to join our award-winning team and company.
A Few of Your Key Responsibilities:
- Root cause performance and scalability issues, and contribute to production code to alleviate these issues.
- Provide architectural and implementation feedback to teams for improving performance.
- Develop benchmarks to emulate customer environments for use both internally for MemVerge and externally by partners and customers.
- Design tools to measure and monitor performance bottlenecks within the application.
- Create performance test plans based on deep understanding of domain, architecture and product tech stack.
- Establish test automation for performance monitoring.
- Understand the performance of leading edge hardware and software technologies to shape the product roadmap.
The Top Skills You Will Need to Succeed:
- 10 + years of experience with system and software engineering, significant project experience focusing on performance, benchmarking, and scale
- Ability to root cause performance bottlenecks with performance and monitoring tools
- Solid understanding of CPU, memory, network, and storage hardware as they relate to performance
- Strong understanding of OS fundamentals (Linux) and proven expertise in solving OS level performance issues
- Good understanding of benchmark creation, measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
- Strong programming and scripting skills, including languages such as C/C++ and Python
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills with the ability to lead discussions
The Top Desired Skills That Will be Most Helpful:
- Hands-on experience with Virtualization, Kubernetes and container technologies
- Familiarity with applications and their interaction with databases is a major plus
- Experience with Open Source development
- Experience leading and mentoring other engineers
- BS/MS degrees in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or other related areas
Cutting Edge Technology – Changing the State of Computing:
Founded by the creators of VMWare VSAN and Extreme I/O, and strategically backed by Intel, Cisco, NetApps, and SK Hynix, MemVerge, the inventor of Memory Machine™ Software is delivering Big Memory and the Memory-Centric Infrastructure (MCI) of the future, today.
MemVerge Memory Machine™ Software is delivering real solutions for Big Memory Data Services such as instant checkpointing, snapshot, memory replication, and tiering that for the first time enables lightning-fast recovery from in-memory application crashes.
Pioneering the Big Memory revolution, MemVerge is a small startup with a big vision of petabyte-pools of disaggregated memory available to every application across the multi-cloud and is shaping the future of computing where everything runs at speed of memory.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley California, MemVerge also has R&D Centers in both Shanghai and Beijing.
Learn more at: www.MemVerge.com
Join MemVerge today and help us shape the future of Big Memory computing.
MemVerge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please note that employment at MemVerge is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.