Join the Team
Director, Business Development – Cloud, NPI, MMCE
Director, Business Development – Cloud, NPI, MMCE
Location: Milpitas, CA or Remote
We are looking for a self-starting, team orientated, and passionate product marketer to lead Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy and execution. As our Director, Business Development, you will be responsible for the GTM aspect of MemVerge Memory Machine Cloud Edition (MMCE).
This is an opportunity to own the overall revenue target of MMCE and lead a specialized team of Sales or BD professionals. You will manage the entire sales lifecycle from demand generation, to engagement, negotiations, and contract signing. You will work closely with the Product team to optimize messaging, and positioning, collaborate on pricing, and provide requirements for product collaterals and demos.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully developing businesses for innovative products at a Cloud, Storage, Security, Back-up, Disaster Recovery, Analytics, or SaaS technology company. Startup experience a strong plus!
A Few of Your Key Responsibilities:
- Identify the ideal customer profile and define the demand generation strategy to attract and engage the desired customer persona.
- Build up the sales strategy for MMCE and work with the leadership team to organize the resources needed to execute the strategy
- Engage prospects and convert them into potential customers. This is a player-coach role where you will need to work in the trenches when required.
- Lead the team in pursuing opportunities and closing deals.
- Work with product teams to create messaging, content and enablement tools that provide compelling, differentiated value propositions and increase awareness of our product.
- Work closely with Technology Alliances and Partner marketing to establish channels for MMCE.
- Be a subject matter expert and a go-to resource across the MemVerge (Product Name) Cloud Platform and the Alliance Ecosystem in interactions with customers, analysts and press.
- Review and project the state of business with the company leadership team using a data-driven approach
The Top Skills You Will Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of Business Development / Sales experience in Cloud, SaaS, or Enterprise software. Preferred experience in some of the following areas: Public Cloud, PaaS, Vertical-specific SaaS
- Strong track record of meeting or exceeding sales / BD targets, and building up multi-million dollar software businesses
- Technical acumen in computer architecture, O/S, cloud, containers, virtualization.
- Ability to effectively engage with and influence cross-functional teams
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills to develop plans and content with internal and external team members.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to develop compelling customer-facing presentations
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, that allow this candidate to establish good working relationships with cross-functional teams and align global stakeholders
- Get-it-Done confidence to pick up and lead new projects even in the face of ambiguity
- A winning attitude that inspires optimism, fun, and the desire to always be learning!
- New product introduction (NPI) experience is preferred
The Top Desired Skills That Will be Most Helpful:
- Experience working closely with EDA, CAD, and/or Biotechnology industries
- You have 4+ years of hands-on experience in the OS, Memory, cloud market
- You love the challenge of learning the complexities of a complex technical ecosystem and finding simple, effective ways to communicate with customers
- You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo, combining data, qualitative insights, and other inputs to set projects on the right track
- Ability to Travel: 25% +/-
- BS/MS in Engineering Technology / MBA or equivalent preferred
Cutting Edge Technology – Changing the State of Computing:
Founded by the creators of VMWare VSAN and Extreme I/O, and strategically backed by Intel, Cisco, NetApps, and SK Hynix, MemVerge, the inventor of Memory Machine™ Software is delivering Big Memory and the Memory-Centric Infrastructure (MCI) of the future, today.
MemVerge Memory Machine™ Software delivers real solutions for Big Memory Data Services such as instant checkpointing, snapshot, memory replication, and tiering that for the first time enables lightning-fast recovery from in-memory application crashes.
Pioneering the Big Memory revolution, MemVerge is a small startup with a big vision of petabyte-pools of disaggregated memory available to every application across the multi-cloud and is shaping the future of computing where everything runs at speed of memory.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley California, MemVerge also has R&D Centers in both Shanghai and Beijing.
Learn more at: www.MemVerge.com
Join MemVerge today and help us shape the future of Big Memory computing.
MemVerge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please note that employment at MemVerge is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.